05 October 2018 – BBC News
An NHS 111 service was mistakenly redirecting patients to hospitals in other towns due to an evacuation that ended nine hours previously.
Part of Reading’s Royal Berkshire Hospital was evacuated briefly on 04.10.2018 in the morning due to a gas leak, but had fully reopened by about 12:30 BST.
James Scobie from Reading, called the 111 service at 20:30 BST after twisting his ankle and was directed to a hospital 20 miles away, by an operator.
The 111 service declined to comment.